The video today is all about oysters – er, maybe more about eating them. Grab a bunch of friends, something to drink, and a bushel or two of oysters. It’s an eat outdoors-in your coat- not in fancy clothes kind of party that’s sure to leave you smiling!
Roasting oysters (over a large grill) (because I prefer them roasted . . .)
- Prepare the grill (charcoal is best)
- Put oysters on the cooking surface in a single layer, ideally belly-side down
- Cover the grill (or cover the oysters with wet burlap)
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until the shell opens
My favorite sauce – MIGNONETTE (a vinegar sauce that’s like a more complex lemon squeeze)
- ½ c finely minced shallots
- ¼ c plain rice wine vinegar
- ¼ c white vinegar
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and let sit at least 4 hours in the fridge to meld the flavors. This makes a ton – you could use any leftover as a nice base for a salad dressing.